The African Association of Automotive Manufacturers (AAAM) participated in the ‘Developing the automotive industry in Africa – opportunities for industrialisation, job creation and green growth’ webinar organised by the Trade Directorate of the European Commission with support from AETS.
The webinar shed light on the development path of the automotive sector in Africa, and explored the potential and challenges for developing EU-African and intra-African automotive value chains, as well as the role of EU trade and investment policy and the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
• Mr. Dave Coffey, CEO, AAAM
• Dr. Markus Thill, President Africa Region, Bosch and Vice-President, AAAM
• Mr. Marius Ochel, Head of Cluster International Association Partnerships Africa & India, German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA)
• Mrs. Victoria Backhaus-Jerling, Project Manager, leads engagements between the VDA and the AAAM
• Mr. Serge Kamuhinda, CEO Volkswagen Rwanda
• Dr. Francis Mangeni, Head of Trade Promotion and Programs, AfCFTA Secretariat
• Dr. Martyn Davies, Managing Director Emerging Markets and Africa, Deloitte (Moderator)
Click here to download the ‘Are we heading towards vehicles made in Africa at scale?’ presentation by Mr Dave Coffey, Mr Marius Ochel and Mrs Victoria Backhaus-Jerling.
Click here to download the ‘The Pan African Auto Pact Vision for Africa – A supplier’s view’ presentation by Dr Markus Thill.